Vasectomy Reversal in Tallahassee, FL
A reversal vasectomy, also known as Vasovasostomy, is generally considered when there has been the loss of a child, a remarriage, and a change in financial conditions or in certain situations, to treat testicular pain. A vasectomy is considered a permanent form of birth control. However, it is possible to have a vasectomy reversal if you decide you want to be fertile. Dr. DeLay has extensive experience in treating all areas of male factor infertility. To make an appointment for an initial consultation, call Dr. DeLay in Tallahassee, FL at (833) 437-3352.
What is a Vasectomy Reversal?
A vasectomy reversal is an outpatient procedure that involves reconnecting the tubes that were cut during the initial vasectomy. The procedure usually takes around two to four hours and patients are fully recovered within three weeks.
Are Vasectomy Reversals Successful?
In general, vasectomy reversal leads to an overall pregnancy rate of more than 50 percent. The success rates of vasectomy reversals depend on the following things:
- The reversal technique that was used.
- The experience and skill of the vasectomy reversal doctor.
- Vasal fluid quality plays a role in the success rate of a vasectomy reversal. The number can be checked prior to going through with the procedure.
- Length of time since vasectomy is the biggest factor when it comes to vasectomy reversal success rate. The chart below explains time intervals and the pregnancy rate associated with a vasectomy reversal:
Years since Vasectomy | Pregnancy Rate
- Less than three years | Around 76%
- 3-8 years | Around 53%
- 9-14 years | Around 44%
- More than 15 | years 30%
What to Expect after the Vasectomy Reversal
Vasectomy reversal usually takes from 2 to 4 hours, followed by a few more hours for recovery from the anesthetic. You can expect to go home the same day.
Pain may be mild to moderate. You should be able to resume normal activities, including sex, within 3 weeks.
Schedule your Vasectomy Reversal Consultation with Dr. DeLay in Tallahassee
If you are considering a vasectomy reversal you should discuss your options and chances for success with Dr. DeLay. Call our office at (833) 437-3352 and schedule your appointment today!